Culture in the Valle Isarco
There are numerous points of interest both in and around Velturno, a place where people have been enjoying life for thousands of years. Evidence of this can be seen in the Archeoparc of Velturno which has been a place of worship since Ötzi the Iceman’s time.
- The Renaissance castle in Velturno: holiday retreat for the Bressanone bishops, built in 1587
- The Sabiona/Säben Monastery: a medieval abbey above Chiusa
- The episcopal city of Bressanone: the old town with medieval streets and the baroque cathedral are well worth seeing
- Novacella/Neustift Monastery: a medieval monastery with a large library
- The mineral museum in Tiso: a collection of local rock crystals
Swimming and saunas
- For the particularly health-conscious and nature-conscious, the Alpenbadl Oberfrauner in Velturno offers hay baths, saunas, steam baths, foot contrast baths and Kneipp cures.
- In Bressanone, the Acquarena water centre also offers you a holistic feel-good experience with countless leisure opportunities, 365 days a year. Swimmers, fitness fanatics and wellness enthusiasts will have just as much fun as families, children and seniors.
- You can also relax in the herbal sauna in our guest house.
Relax and enjoy the view
Experience fascinating views of Velturno, the Valle Isarco, the Plose and the imposing Dolomites of South Tyrol all year round from the panoramic lawn and the terraces and balconies of our holiday apartments.
Let your senses run free. In summer, you can enjoy the magical view of the magnificent mountain scenery, which acquires a stunning soft pink hue as the days come to an end. Explore a wide range hiking trails in autumn, when the colourful leaves make an exciting crunch under your feet as you wander past numerous wine taverns. In winter, you can visit a variety of Christmas markets in the nearby towns and cities, which will put a twinkle in the eye of visitors of any age. Skiing, winter hiking and much more is also waiting for you. And once the last snow melts, the faint rays of the spring sun lure the first crocuses out of the meadows as nature reawakens to the happy twittering of birds, offering new opportunities for holidaymakers of all ages.